Australian Family Visas


Australian Partner visas

If you are planning to get married or are married to or have a relationship with one of Australian citizens or permanent residents, then you might be eligible for an immigration visa for your partner to Australia.

The Australian permanent resident/citizen will act as your sponsor for your visa. Your sponsor will send you a formal commitment to provide support during your initial 2 years living in Australia as well as accommodation and financial aid to help meet the reasonable needs of living. Families who are applying for immigration to Australia will be evaluated individually by Australian immigration authorities. They they are assessed in accordance with Australia’s requirements for character and health.

Check out the following pages for more information:


  • Spouse Visa In the event that you’re married to one of Australian Permanent or citizen, or were in a de facto connection (common laws) that has lasted at least 12 months, then you might be eligible to apply to receive an Spouse Visa for entry into Australia.
  • The Fiance Visa If you are planning to get married by with an Australian person who is a permanent or citizen of Australia, you might be eligible to get an fiance(e) visa to enter to Australia.
  • Interdependent Partner Visa If you’re in an actual interdependent relationship with an Australian permanent or citizen and want to move into and stay permanently in Australia indefinitely, you’ll need to apply for an interdependent Partner visa. This is applicable to same-sex couples.
  • Parents Visa If you’re parents of Australian citizens, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen you may be eligible for this kind of visa in the event that your kid is eligible to provide you with a sponsorship.
  • Contributory Parent Visa The category for contributory parents includes three hundred and fifty places, and usually has a shorter wait time than the previously mentioned parent visas.
  • Family Relationship Visa The Australia Family Relationship visa is designed to allow non-married students who are in secondary school to take a holiday for between 12 and 12 months as well as the opportunity to study about Australia when living with close relatives or family members.

We can also help you with the following kinds of family visas:

Remaining relatives It is designed for individuals who are the sole members of their family in Australia with the exception of young children. If you’re married your spouse must be a non-relative, either in the country you reside in or any other out of the country.

CarerIf you’re planning to relocate to Australia with the Carer Visa or similar visa, you should have a loved one living in Australia who requires someone to care for them. They will require your help as they are unable to take care of themselves due to physical or mental impairment. The need for personal assistance is likely to last for at least two years.

Visas for return of residents Residence Return Visa (RRV) is designed for permanent residents, and former or permanent residents, who lost their citizenship and wish to be able to return back Australia.

Older resident visas To be eligible for the category of Former Resident you must: completed 9 of the initial 18 years living within Australia in the capacity of an Australian permanent resident or be younger than 45 at the time you apply or have never been an Australian and maintained close connections to Australia or completed at minimum 3 months continuous Australian defence service , or have been dismissed prior to completing three months of service on the grounds that you were medically unfit due to that service.

Older Dependant RelativesThis visa permits elderly relatives to visit family members in Australia. If you’re an elderly person, you must be largely supported financially, by an Australian family member for the past three years. Your relative has to belong to an Australian citizen or be an permanent resident of Australia in the past 2 years.

Older Parents Visa This visa is designed for families who are Australian citizen or lawful residents to be reunited with their children living in Australia. If you are a parent in Australia and you are a resident of Australia, you might be able join your family and watch your grandchildren grow into. In order to apply to be eligible for the visa both of you if you’re married – must be at the age of retiring in Australia.

Work-Age Parent Migration VisaThis visa is intended for parents who are working age from Australian citizen or resident legal who wish to be reunited with their children living in Australia. Should you be a parent in Australia and you are a legal resident, you might be eligible to be a part of your family and witness your grandchildren grow to be.

Orphan Child migrationThis visa is designed for children who are under the age of 18 and do not have a parent who cares for them abroad, however, they have relatives in Australia. The Australian relatives have to be grandparents siblings, brothers or Aunts or Uncles the niece or nephew (or the equivalents to step-parents).

Adoption Migration Visa This visa is only available to those who are citizens, or legally resident of Australia to take a child who is less than 18 years old to Australia to be adopted. The Australian adoption paperwork must be in order before you can apply to allow the child to move or be in the process of being adopted.

Australian Spouse Visa

If you’re married one of the Australian citizen permanent resident or New Zealand citizen or are in a de facto connection (common legal) that has lasted at 12 months or more You may be eligible to apply for an Spouse Visa in Australia. Your spouse could sponsor you for a duration which is up to two years. If after that, your relationship remains authentic and ongoing you could be eligible to apply for permanent residence.


If you want to be eligible to receive an entry visa for your spouse to Australia You must meet the following conditions:

  • You and your spouse are bound by the obligation of sharing a life of spouse and husband, regardless of regardless of whether or not you’re legally married, and to the exclusion of all other.
  • Your relationship is authentic and ongoing.
  • You and your spouse reside together, or do not live apart for a long time.
  • If you’re not legally married, it is necessary to have to be in a marriage relationship for at least 12 months. This usually is proving that you shared a home during the time
  • Generallyspeaking, you and your partner have to be 18 or more.
  • You must meet the health and character requirements.

Rules and procedures

It is possible to reside located in Australia or in another country when you apply an application for spouse status to Australia There is a benefit when the application being made from within Australia. Contact us for assistance on how to obtain a spouse visa.

After your initial application has been accepted after which you will be issued With an extended eligibility temporary Visa. This permits you to remain on the mainland of Australia during two consecutive years, and you will enjoy full employment rights throughout this period.

In certain circumstances there are circumstances where it is not necessary to wait two years before applying for permanent residency. It could happen in the following situations:

  • You’ve been in a union with the spouse of your choice for at least five years when you apply.
  • You’ve been with your partner for two years and are dependent children in the relationship.
  • You spouse received an permanent Visa under the program for humanitarian assistance, or had a protected visa. The spouse was in a relationship you prior to the visa being granted, and the relationship was disclosed by Australian authorities in the immigration department at that time of the visa.

After two years after which you are eligible to seek permanent residency in Australia in the event that your relationship with Australia continues.

In certain situations you could be eligible to apply for permanent residence even if your relationship been dissolved prior to the expiration of the two-year time frame. This includes:

  • If your spouse passed away in this time.
  • If you as well as you and your Australian conjoint have children that are less than 18 years old, you should consult your doctor.
  • If you or any of your children were victims of domestic violence during this time.

Parent Visa for Australia

Visa applicants under the parent category need to be sponsored. If your child is an Australian resident, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen you could get this visa in the event that your kid is is able to sponsor you. Be aware that there are a total of 1,000 slots open in regular visas for parents and there is a lengthy waiting period for this type of visa.

There are two subclasses of visas within the parent category:

  • Parents who reside outside of Australia Class 103, Parent (Migrant) visa
  • For parents who reside in Australia Subclass 804 Aged parent (Residence) visa


Generallyspeaking, these are the main requirements for visas under categories that are parent to the visa:

  • A candidate must the father of an infant that has the status of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • The child of the applicant has to have a permanent residence in Australia (in the majority of instances legally and permanently for a minimum of 2 years) and in most cases, they must be the sponsor of the applicant.
  • The applicant must meet the health and character requirements.
  • Candidates must meet the family tests. This means that the number of children legally and permanently residents of Australia should be
    • The largest percentage of children living in any one country.
    • Equal or greater than to, the total amount of children living abroad;
    • The Assurance of Support and an Assurance of Support bond (held for two years) must be presented. The submission of this bond isn’t needed until just prior to the granting of the visa.

Family Relationship Visa

It is the Australia Family Relationship visa is created to offer a child family member the chance to reside and study while in Australia during a period of up to twelve months.

Australia Family visa Australia Family Visa is designed to allow non-married students aged between secondary school and take a holiday for up to 12 months and also to gain knowledge about Australia while being with family members or close friends from the family.

The minimum requirement is that one person in the family or close friends of the family is required to be an Australian citizen or permanently Australian resident or a qualified New Zealand citizen.

The purpose of your stay should not be to enhance your skills in English or undertake formal studies. This is a reference to that you cannot take any courses or study for more than three months. The visa does not grant you the right to work.