Canada is among the few nations that are in the Western World which is actively seeking immigrants. More than 250,000 new people arriving in Canada each year . Immigration to Canada was an extended time to process, which meant directly sponsoring migrants was usually the only feasible alternative. However, in the month of January, Canada revamped their rules for work permits and immigration with the launch of their Express Entry system for hiring skilled workers for long-term employment as well as reformed their rules for the hiring of temporary workers as well.
There are two main options for employers to recruit workers from Canada:
- Express Entry Program
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program/ International Mobility program
Express Entry (Permanent Residence for Skilled Migrants)
Express Entry is designed for skilled workers. It lets employers select candidates from a pool of applicants. The system categorizes potential applicants by factors like their abilities, experience in the workplace, English and French language capability, as well as their education.
When is the best time to get the Canadian Work visa
Citizenship as well as Immigration Canada usually take 6 months or less to process all Express Entry applications, but during this time, workers can be purchased on the spot through the temporary International Worker Program or International Mobility program until the Express Entry application is processed.
Incorrect or incorrect information in the process of applying for a job can delay the process. Contact us today to have the application of your candidate handled at our own premises by a lawyer of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
This class that includes Canadian work visas is divided in three categories.
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program is often employed by employers to attract skilled and educated workers as managers, executives, and others.
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program is specifically designed for skilled tradespeople for example, natural resource specialists, construction experts, industry technicians as well as manufacturing supervisors.
- Canada Experience Class Canada Experience Class is designed for those who have Canadian employment experience including international studentswho usually apply once they are being working in Canada. The three National Occupation Classification List codes that are covered by this visa are the following: Managerial (Skill Level 0,) (Skill Level 0), Technical (Skill Type A) and technical (skill Class B).Canada Applications for Experience Classes do not have to be required to undergo an Labour Market Impact Assessment (see below). Together with the fact that a lot of applicants who are in this category already working and living in Canada which suggests that applying for a Canada Experience Class visa may be the fastest route for employers to get workers with the right skills on their site.
Labour Market Impact Assessment
If you plan to employ skilled workers through one of Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program you must apply for an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to demonstrate that there is a real requirement for a foreign worker to fulfill the job and that there is no Canadian worker is in the market .
The job offer that is the basis for an LMIA is made must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for visas in the subcategory
- Federal Skilled Worker Program It must be full-time, permanent and not seasonal. must be a manager (Skill level 0) and professional (Skill Typ A) technical (skill Typ B) on Canada’s National Classification List of occupations.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: The program must be full-time and must last for at least one year; be classified as Technical (skill Class B) in Canada’s National occupational classification list and offer the same wages and conditions on the same level as the conditions that are offered to native Canadians employed in the same field.
- Canadian Experience Class Canadian Experience Class: A Labour Market Impact Assessment is not required to apply for this visa subcategory. However, applicants who have an assessment are awarded points as well as are much more likely succeed. The criteria for this subcategory are the same as those for that of the Federal Skilled Worker Program (above)
The Express Entry program any dependent relatives of the primary applicant can also enjoy permanent residency in Canada and have the rights of a citizen to work, live and even study in Canada.
Temporary Foreign Worker Program / International Mobility Program
The best time to apply for an Canadian Work visa
A minimum of 30 calendar days.
It is important to note that the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and the International Mobility Program (IMP) are very similar visa categories which permit employers to hire immigrants to fill short-term labour and skills shortages. Which one you select is determined by whether or not you require an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and those who do must apply under the TFWP while those who do not need one should apply for the IMP.
To determine whether you require an LMIA it is possible to look over the Canadian government’s list of LMIA exemption codes on your own this could be a difficult and time-consuming procedure. Our in-house Canadian immigration experts can manage the entire process for you.
Once you have figured out which visa category you want to apply for, you can issue the applicant an official offer of employment, then they can apply for the Canadian working permit.
The TFWP program, dependent relatives must submit their own visa applications however, the status of the primary applicant can be beneficial, particularly in cases where they’re highly skilled or are working in Canada for six months or longer. If your candidate is interested in be their family’s member we can help you with advice specific to their situation.