USA non-immigrant visas are available for workers and companies.


This section provides information on the most well-known visas for non-immigrant US worker visas. For companies, E2 Treaty Investor visas as well as the L1 visa for intracompany transfers are able to allow entry into US. US with relatively modest amounts of money for both businessmen as well as employees. Through an E2 Visa and L1 visa you are able to stay clear of the requirement to invest at least $500,000 to be eligible under the EB5 Immigration Investor Green Card scheme. E3 Visas are specifically designed for graduates of the level Australian citizens who want to work in specialties that are available in the US.

E1 Treaty Trader and E2 Treaty Investor Visas as well as E3 visas are available for Australians

  • E2 Treaty Investor If you have made an investment of significant value in the US company where the investor holds at least 50% stake. In many instances, the amount invested could be the level of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
  • E1 Treaty TraderFor both individuals and businesses who engage in large international commerce in US and treaty investor countries. US and the other treaty investor country.
  • E3 Specialty Occupation ProfessionalsFor Australian citizens who wish to move in the US to work in the specialty occupation. The quota never gets completely utilized. Contrary to other visas, the US Visa H-1B.

L1A Intracompany Transfer as an Executive or Manager or as a L1B Specialized Knowledge Employee

L1 Visas:This category allows multinational corporations to move workers from overseas operations to an US office, or have a representative in the US to set up the US office for their company. L1 visas are also a way for businesses to establish a US branch. L1 visa also permits access for businessmen to the US.

Others that are not immigrants US work visas

  • H1B Visas: For graduate degree holders usually having at least a bachelor’s level or equivalent, who are coming to the US to work in a specialization or undertake specific study for US department of defence, or for the government’s Department of Defence, or for fashion models who have been successful. If there is a good economy, the US economy is flourishing, there is a severe shortfall of visas. Visas typically expire within a matter of days after they become available at the first week of April every year. The in-vitro lottery to get visas means that the chances of getting a visa are extremely low. It is also possible to consider our advice on getting an B1 visa instead the H1B visa, which might be an option in certain cases.
  • Visas for H2B:For workers coming to the US to fill a seasonal or temporary shortage that is not related to the agriculture sector. Employers must submit an application for permission from USCIS for the permission to hire workers who are on this visa.
  • J1 Visas:For workers and students who are coming to the US to participate in an approved Exchange Visitor Program. The J-1visa is identical to the Q-1 however the primary distinction is that the J-1 permits workers and students to come into the US in the same manner, whereas the Q-1 is exclusively designed for workers.
  • visas for TN1 This visa is similar to H-1B visa, however it permits Canadian as well as Mexican citizens to get an advanced level work visa with more flexibility.
  • Visas for O The O visa category is reserved for those who have been recognized at a international or national level due to their outstanding capability or accomplishment in any of the areas. There are four O category visas.